People – Our Engine of Innovation
Innovation is the lifeblood of our company, and we depend on our people to sustain our competitive advantage. That’s why we offer attractive compensation with generous benefits for full- and part-time employees and their dependents (including domestic partners), paying an above-average share of the cost of health insurance and matching 401(k) contributions at a rate of 50% of the employee contribution (up to a maximum company match of 4% of eligible compensation). Our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) also gives full- and part-time employees an opportunity to participate in the company’s success by purchasing shares at discounted prices.
These benefits, combined with our culture of innovation and sustainable growth, contribute to low employee turnover and an average tenure well above that of other companies.
|Headcount by Region||2018||2019||2020||2021|
Employee Tenure and Benefits
|2021 Employee Tenure
|Company Share of Employee Health
Insurance Cost vs.
|2021 401k Plan Participation Rate
1. Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, average of computer and electronic products industry as of January 2020
2. Source: Radford Survey, 2019, as cited by WillsTowersWatson
3. Source: Fidelity Investments Defined Contribution Plans, 2020
Full List of Benefits
|Short-term and long-term disability
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
401k and after-tax contributions with
Roth in-plan conversions
ESPP (offered to all employees where legally permitted)
|Other Benefits||Employee referral program
US wellness program
Transit commuter account
|Non-profit gift matching program
Optional life benefits and supplemental AD&D benefits
Discounted AMC movie tickets
Fresh fruit, bagels, and pastries every Friday
Benefit opt-out incentive
|Worksite Amenities||Charging stations for electric vehicles
Sand volleyball courts
|Access to walking/jogging trail
Employee Development and Training
PI has robust human-resources programs to forecast our long-term hiring needs, uncover new pools of talent and recruit and develop talented employees. We perform R&D and other technical work in a variety of locations throughout North America, Europe and Asia to ensure access to a broad and diverse range of talent. We partner with educational institutions and universities in locations where PI operates and offer internship opportunities worldwide.
All employees set annual goals and receive mid-year and end-of-year performance appraisals and feedback from their managers. We offer all full- and part-time employees tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 each year for job-related education. We also offer workshops on a range of personal-development topics such as financial planning, nutrition and stress management as well as access to nearly 600 online classes, covering such topics as communication, leadership, software skills, project management and time management. Examples of available courses include:
|Live Courses||- Improving Communications and Team Building- Managers
- Workplace Conflict Tools for Managers
- Overcoming Overwhelm for Managers
- Conflict Resolution Skills for the Workplace- Employees
- Overcoming Overwhelm: Handling Stress Well- Employees
(Examples of 600+ courses available)
|- Advanced Human Resources Management: People and Organization
- Cash Flow Management Essentials for Non-financial Professionals
- Choosing to Lead as a Woman
- Effective Critical Analysis of Business Reports
- Facing Challenges as a First-time Manager
- Laboratory Safety
- Supply Chain Management Basics: Cutting Costs and Optimizing Delivery
- Voice of the Customer in Six Sigma
- Workplace Management: Risk Management
Health and Safety
Power Integrations has robust policies and practices in place to maintain a safe and hazard-free workplace:
- Building audits are conducted twice a year to ensure safe working conditions by identifying and remediating potential safety hazards.
- The company’s safety committee meets twice a year to review workplace hazards or incidents and to ensure that corrective measures have been implemented.
- An Emergency Response Team (ERT) is in place to respond to medical emergencies, natural disasters and other workplace emergencies. ERT members receive First Aid and CPR training and certification.
- View our Environmental, Health and Safety Policy
- View our Injury and Illness Prevention Program
|Occupational Health and Safety Metrics||2018||2019||2020||2021|
|High Consequence Injuries||1||0||0||0|
|High Consequence Injuries Rate*||0.27||0||0||0|
|All Recordable Injuries||2||2||6||5|
|All Recordable Injuries Rate*||0.53||0.53||1.67||1.42|
*Formula: (AllRecordable Injuries/(2080*Number of US EE))*200,000
Employee Engagement and Business Ethics
PI employees are encouraged to engage with company leadership and raise concerns and questions in-person, via e-mail (anonymously if desired), or at our quarterly employee communications meeting with the CEO and senior management team. We conduct an annual survey to gauge employee satisfaction.
All employees with supervisory responsibilities receive two hours of training every two years in prevention of sexual harassment and abusive conduct in the workplace; non-supervisory employees receive one hour of such training every two years.
- View our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics
- View our Whistleblower Policy
|U.S. Gender Diversity||U.S. Racial/Ethnic Diversity|
- View our 2021 Consolidated EEO-1 Report
It is the policy of Power Integrations to provide equal employment opportunity for all employment applicants and employees without regard to prohibited considerations of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.